Dec 02, 2023
The Data Analytics Associate of Applied Science program is specifically designed to prepare students for entry-level positions in fields related to data analysis, presentation, and warehousing. Students can earn various credit diplomas and stackable industry certifications while concurrently earning this A.A.S. Students complete the Datacenter Specialist credit diploma during their first two semesters and then complete the Data Analytics Systems credit diploma during their third and fourth semesters.
Contact information is available on the Data Analytics website.
Map your individual academic plan of courses with your College Advisor.
If students choose to transition to another program within the Information Technology pathway, they should be particularly aware of the choice points that indicate when a decision to branch off into another program must be made to ensure credits and time are not lost.
Coursework common to all degrees within this pathway is indicated by CAC, Common Academic Coursework, in the program map.
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Identify and describe uses for visualization controls including pie, bar, donut, and scatter plots and KPIs within the Power Platform infrastructure
- Demonstrate the ability to develop a data model that applies cross-filter direction, security filtering, calculated table creation, hierarchies, and row-level security roles.
- Demonstrate the ability to create project and resource management planning tools to include interactive Gantt charts, Kanban boards, Resource Utilization boards, and Schedule boards within the vendor environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop and deploy predictive solutions using machine learning resources.
- Demonstrate understanding of the relationship between data management and data governance.
- Students demonstrate essential knowledge and skills needed to design, configure, manage, and troubleshoot any wired and wireless network.
- Students support IT infrastructures through understanding of the most common hardware and software.
- Students plan, secure, and maintain IT environments using a variety of server equipment.
Semester Total: 16 Credits
- Completion of Datacenter Specialist, CD.
Semester Total: 18 Credits
Semester Total: 17 Credits
- Completion of Data Analytics, AAS.
Semester Total: 15 Credits
Program Credit Hour Total: 66 Credits
The information below is intended to be a guide, and does not guarantee regional job placement, job availability, or a specific wage after completion of the program.
Potential job opportunities for individuals with degrees in Data Analytics Systems Administrator may include Computer User Support Specialist, Computer Network Support Specialist, Database Administrator, and Network and Computer Systems Administrators.
Additional information on careers in Data Analytics is available through Career Coach.
This degree is well suited for those who may be interested in pursuing a Bachelor of Applied Science, Applied Management degree at Laramie County Community College.
LCCC courses may transfer to institutions in addition to those above with formal articulation agreements. Students are strongly encouraged to determine the degree requirements and transfer policy of the specific college/university and program to which they plan to transfer.