The Applied Management program is designed to prepare students for supervisory and managerial careers. Students may ultimately manage their own small business or use their skills to manage existing businesses. The two-year occupational program combines academic study with work-related experience and leads to an Associate of Applied Science degree, allowing students to gain meaningful employment after only two years of college-level coursework or transfer directly into a Bachelor of Applied Science degree.
Contact information is available on the Applied Management website.
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Apply Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) of financial accounting.
- Practice decision-making principles in business.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills.
- Demonstrate management concepts in business situations.
- Demonstrate financial concepts to business situations.
- Demonstrate management skills in the analysis of business practices
Map your individual academic plan of courses with your College Advisor.
If students choose to transition to another program within the Business & Accounting pathway, they should be particularly aware of the choice points that indicate when a decision to branch off into another program must be made to ensure credits and time are not lost.
Coursework common to all degrees within this pathway is indicated by CAC, Common Academic Coursework, in the program map.